Occupational Safety & Hygiene Technology
Occupational Safety & Health Technology
Associate of Technology, AET: Occupational Safety & Hygiene Technology
*Note: If you are looking for information on the Occupation Safety & Environmental Health bachelor's degree program, it is considered a major separate from the AETM major. Please select the program from the navigation on the left of click here.
The Occupational Safety and Hygiene option is designed to provide students with both basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in occupational safety. The courses in this option allow students to have a broad experience in key issues. These courses provide an overview of legal aspects of safety; industrial fire prevention, protection and control; safety engineering; environmental and industrial hygiene; ergonomics; and general, organic and biochemistry. Courses in this option feature a variety of lecture and integrated laboratory-type activities. Graduates are typically employed as technicians who work under the direction of safety professionals on industry-based projects involving safety, environmental health, inspection of safety systems, technical sales, industrial training, technical support, and operations.
Upon completion of the Occupational Safety and Hygiene option, the student will be able to:
- Identify major legal issues and developments regarding occupational safety and environmental health.
- Identify systems, procedures and practices involved with industrial fire prevention, protection and control.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand safety engineering principles.
- Apply knowledge related to general, organic and biochemistry in relation to health issues in an industrial situation.
- Describe procedures, practices and systems used in relationship to environmental and industrial hygiene.
- Identify human factors and ergonomic design principles.
AETM Program Coordinator
Dr. Mark Snyder is the program coordinator for the Applied Engineering & Technology Management program. Please email Dr. Snyder if you have any questions about the AETM program, or if you would like more information.
His email address is Mark.Snyder@milllersville.edu.
The Applied Engineering & Technology Management degrees
are accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).