AEST Vision, Mission, and Goals
The Department of Applied Engineering, Safety & Technology is dedicated to preparing individuals with knowledge and expertise in technology, design, safety, environmental health and applied engineering who value leadership, ingenuity, problem-solving, professionalism and teamwork. We are committed to outstanding teaching, creative scholarship, and relevant service to industry, education, and the community.
To be recognized as a department of national distinction and the regional resource for professional preparation and service in Applied Engineering & Technology, Occupational Safety & Environmental Health, and Technology Education.
- Attract and develop diverse faculty, staff, and students of excellence.
- Develop positive collaborative relationships with diverse populations within the educational and industrial community.
- Ensure technology education, applied engineering, and occupational safety and environmental health programs of academic distinction through program development, assessment, and continued accreditation.
- Employ continual improvement as an on-going effort to maintain a regional center of state-of-the-art technologies and facilities for technology and technical management studies.
- Create an environment that promotes, encourages, and guides professional development and scholarship opportunities for faculty.
- Promote and recognize faculty accomplishments within the department, school, university, and community.
- Support and encourage efforts to promote sustainability and the intelligent use of resources for technological development through teaching, research, and service projects.