Applying for Your Certificate
Certification Application Instructions:
- When you are graduating or completing your certification program, request a Certification Application from the Certification Office or Download the PDF file for the PA Application you need.
- All PA Applications and Instructions for completing the application can be found under our "Request Information" tab to the left.
Certification (Praxis) Test Scores
(required for Instructional certificates only)
- MU Certification Office must receive a score label with your test scores directly from Educational Testing Service (a copy of your score report is not acceptable)
- check your score report to make sure that you listed Millersville University as a score recipient; if not, you must make arrangements with ETS to have your scores sent to Millersville University, code #2656. You can request an "additional score report" directly from ETS by calling 1-800-772-9476 or by downloading this PDF form: Additional Score Report Request
To Receive Your Certificate As Soon As Possible At the End of the Semester
You, especially STUDENT TEACHERS AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS, SHOULD SUBMIT THE ABOVE 90-DAYS BEFORE GRADUATION OR COMPLETION OF YOUR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. This time frame gives the Certification Office time to prepare the application for PDE, check for your test scores, check your graduation application and grades for your last semester, prepare a verification letter for you to include with job applications, etc. Your application materials will be sent to PDE as soon as possible after the end of the semester and after we have received written reports of certification examination passing scores from ETS.
The following items must be returned to the MU Certification Office:
- General Application, Form PDE 338G
- College/University Verification, Form PDE 338C
- Additional Information sheet
- Application Fee (money order for $100 - made payable to the Commonwealth of PA)
- Copy of Your Certificate, if already certified
Note: Do not fold, staple, or paper clip. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Your certificate will be sent directly to you by the Bureau of Teacher Preparation and Certification in Harrisburg approximately six weeks after the end of the semester and after your passing test scores are received. Be sure to have your permanent address on your application form.
|Instructional I - Type Code 61 (first certificate)
Instructional II - Type Code 62
|Educational Specialist - Type Code 31|
|Elementary School Counselor||1836|
|Secondary School Counselor||1837|
|Supervisory - Type Code 76|
|Curriculum & Instruction (K-12)||2915|
|Industrial Arts/Technology Education||5915|
|School Guidance Services||1815|
|School Health Services||1891|
|School Psychological Services||1877|
|Administrative - Type Code 78|