MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
School Psychology - Masters plus Certification
Note: Students are required to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout the program. If a student receives any grade less than a B- in a course, the student will need to retake the course.
- PSYC 530: Child Development w/in Family System (3)
- PSYC 612: Research Design and Statistics (3)
- PSYC 600: Seminar in School Psychology (3)
Skills I: Core (6)
- PSYC 630: Group Processes/Personality (3)
- PSYC 631: Psychotherapy/Intervention (3)
Skills II: Assessment (12) Degree Candidacy
- PSYC 671: Psychological Assessment I (M.S.) (3) *
- PSYC 672: Psychological Assessment II (3) *
- PSYC 673: Personality Assessment (M.S.) (3) *
- PSYC 674: Assessment of English Language Learners (3) *
Skills III: Interventions (10)
- PSYC 540: Classroom Interventions (3)
- PSYC 634: Child Psychopathology/Therapy (M.S.) (4) *
- PSYC 646: Consultation (3) *
Educational Foundations (3)
- SPED 600: Orientation to Special Education (3)
- SPED 601: Psychological Aspects of Individuals with Disabilities (3)
Related Courses (12)
- PSYC 536: Applied Biopsychology (3)
- PSYC 547: Applied Social (3)
- RDED 621: Foundations of Reading/Writing (3)
- EDUC 671: Curriculum Development (3)
Electives (Under Review)
- SCCN 630: Multicultural Counseling (3)
- PSYC 637: Family Therapy (3)
- SCCN 657: Brief Counseling (3)
- *Other approved course (3)
Field Experiences (12)
- PSYC 685: Practicum in School Psychology (3)
- PSYC 686: Internship in School Psychology (9)
*Students are required to take and pass the three core cores (Psyc 530, 612, 600) with a "B-" or better, as well as pass all three CCEs before enrolling in these courses.
For a detailed listing of course descriptions, please see the Psychology portion of the Millersville University Graduate Catalog (PDF).