Refer to the program checklists below for release dates and the final application deadlines for each semester. Approximate deadlines for applications are as follows:
|For interning abroad during:
||Applications are due:
|For SOWK field placement abroad during:
||Applications are due:
Before downloading and submitting an application to complete any internship, Social Work field placement, or student teaching placement, you MUST refer to the specific process outline which lists the step by step guidelines in detail BEFORE starting an application.
- International Internship Process can be found on the following website: Intern Abroad
- Social Work Field Placement Process can be found on the following website: Social Work
- See the Office of Global Edcuation for more information regarding the Student Teaching Abroad process.
Read the following directions before beginning your application packet.
- Select the appropriate program below.
- Reference the checklist for all requirements/documents
- Revew eligibility requirements (Section A, page one)
- Complete all pages by typing directly into each form. Handwritten application packets will not be accepted.
- Section A: Personal Information/Questions
- Section B: Forms
- Section C: Recommendations
- USE INTERNET EXPLORER OR GOOGLE CHROME to access all application documents. These web browsers do not alter the format of the PDF documents and allow you to type into the forms after you have saved them to your computer or pen drive. Mozilla Firefox tends to cause problems with those PDF documents.
- ACCESS your application documents by selecting the hyperlinks on the application checklist below for the program to which you apply.
- SAVE THEN TYPE directly into your application documents. Each document is a "typeable" PDF which means that you must first save a blank copy of each document to your computer and then use the saved document to complete your application. This will allow you to save your application each time changes are made.
- Print, sign, and date the appropriate pages. All signature are highlighted in blue to help you recognize where you will need to sign and date throughout the application. A "typed signature" will not be accepted.
- Submit the application documents to the appropriate offices as indicated on each program's checklist.