Bassler Hall

Bassler Hall

Bassler Hall

Bassler Hall and the Charles & Mary Hash Building form the Velma A. Dilworth McCollough and Clair R. McCollough Communications Complex and Broadcast Studio.  The McCollough Communications Complex houses the Communincation & Theatre department.  Bassler Hall includes faculty offices and various classrooms and broadcast/production studios.

Bassler Hall, built as an extension of Myers Hall to house the Geography Department, was named for Henry M. Bassler (1926-1957), Assistant Professor and Chairman of the Geography Department. He was the first active professor to have a professional society name for him, the Bassler Geographic Society. Bassler Hall underwent major renovations in 1996.