Commencement Starts 11:30 Saturday
Due to rain in the forecast Saturday morning, the start time of the undergraduate ceremony has been delayed until 11:30 a.m. There will still be one ceremony outside in Biemesderfer Stadium. Gates open at 10 a.m.
Department of Earth Sciences
Charles K. Scharnberger - Professor Emeritus
Charles K. Scharnberger
Dr. Scharnberger received his PhD from Washington University (St. Louis). His research interests include seismicity, earthquake history and hazard, and the structure of Southeastern Pennsylvania. Dr. Scharnberger retired in 2002, but he continues as Operator of the M.U. seismograph station (MVL) and an Associate of the Center for Disaster Research and Education (CDRE).
- B.A. (Geology) at Amherst College
- M.A. and Ph.D. (Geology) at Washington University (St. Louis)
- Operator of the M.U. seismograph station (MVL)
- Associate of the Center for Disaster Research and Education (CDRE)
- Seismicity, Earthquake history and hazard, Geologic structure of SE Pennsylvania.