Department of Earth Sciences
This webpage provides a brief review of the local earthquakes, as well as several interesting graphics relating to Pennsylvania earthquakes and statistics. All products were developed by Dr. Charles Scharnberger, Professor of Geology at Millersville University of Pennsylvania. You can contact him at: Charles.Scharnberger@millersville.edu.
- M.U. Seismic Data (real-time & archive)
- Did You Feel It? pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake
- Relative Earthquake Hazard Zones for Pennsylvania
- Near real-time Seismic Monitor (courtesy of IRIS).
- Lancaster County Epicenters Map.
- Pennsylvania Epicenters Map.
- Probabalistic Hazard Maps: 50 Years and 250 Years.
Contours are the values of peak ground acceleration that have a 90% probability of not being exceeded in 50 years and 250 years, respectively.
- Center for Earthquake Research and Information
- IRIS Education and Outreach
- CNSS Earthquake Catalog
Department of Earth Science
Millersville, PA 17551-0302