The M.S.N./Nurse Educator and post-master's Nurse Educator Certificate programs have "rolling" admission (on-going admission) and no application deadline. Explore this web site for the necessary information to pursue that goal. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Applicants for the Master of Science in Nursing program are referred to the Millersville University Graduate Catalog for general criteria and guidelines to the university.
Specific criteria required by the Nursing Department include:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing (NLNAC or CCNE).
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. When GPA is below this, provisional acceptance may be considered if the candidate demonstrates graduate study potential by other means.
- Satisfactory completion of an undergraduate statistics course (equivalent to Math 130) and a research course in nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of an undergraduate health assessment course; if the course is more than 5 years old the student will be required to complete a refresher course.
- Computer literacy and access to a computer and Internet service.
- Three current academic and/or professional references.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania or in the state where clinical practice or internship is to be arranged.
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience in nursing.
- Current resume including one clinical experience.
- Successful completion of a personal interview with the Nursing Admissions Committee.
Please Note: Applications that do not include the above data and information may be considered incomplete which may affect the status of the application.
Please provide the additional documents listed below with your completed application:
- Current resume or C.V.: Please include all clinical experience to date.
- State where Professional Licensure is currently held: Please include RN number as well as expiration date. May send a copy of your license.
- Please verify completion of the following: Year, Institution, and Name of Course.
- Undergraduate or graduate Statistics course.
- Undergraduate or graduate Research course in Nursing.
- Undergraduate or graduate Physical Assessment course.
|Course Number||Course Title||Student Credits||Theory Hours||Total Theory Hours||Clinical Hours/ Week||Total Clinical Hours|
|N 501||Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 502||Research Methodology||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 503||Issues and Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 504||Nursing Informatics and Healthcare Technology||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 511||Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 512||Health Assessment & Diagnostic Evaluation for Advanced Practice||3||2||30||3||42|
|N 513||Pharmacology & Alternative Therapeutics in Nursing Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 630||Effective Teaching: Theories & Methods in Nursing Education||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 631||Measurement & Evaluation in Nursing Education||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 632||Nursing Curriculum & Program Design||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 633||Nursing Education Internship||3||1||15||8||112|
|N 698||Scholarly Project||3||3||45||0||0|
|Year 1 2013-14||N 501: Theories (3)
N 503: Issues (3)
|N 502: Research (3)
N 511: Patho. (3)
|N 631: Measurement and Evaluation (3)|
|Year 2 2014-15||N 513: Pharmacology (3)
N 630: Effective Teaching (3)
N 632: Curriculum Design (3)
|N 504 Informatics & Technology (3)|
|Year 3 2015-16||N 512: Health Assessment (3)||N 633: Internship (3)
N 698: Scholarly (3)