MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Advisees meet with their advisers throughout the course of their academic careers to:
- engage in the process ofchoosing and/or confirming a major/minor and/or a career;
- develop a long-term plan for scheduling courses;
- obtain approval for declaring or dropping majors/minors, registering for courses at Millersville University or other schools, and applying for their undergraduate degrees,
- receive academic counseling as needed; and
- learn about campus resources to meet academic, career, financial, physical/mental health, and personal/social needs.
Taking a few minutes to meet and become acquainted before engaging in the business of advisement is a first step in this important relationship. Being prepared for meetings makes the best use of time for both the adviser and advisee. Therefore, advisees should bring their up-to-date curriculum sheets and/or degree audits with them when meeting with their advisers. It is also recommended that students take their curriculum sheets and/or degree audits with them to preregistration as students often need additional advisement at that time. Advisers are most effective when they keep current in their knowledge of curriculum, academic procedures, career developments, and campus resources. Making appointments in advance or meeting during office hours helps to ensure adequate time for advisement.