Alumni-Student Career Mentoring ProgramMillersville University's Career Mentoring Program was created to engage our students and alumni in order to:
- Enable alumni to help students navigate the challenging post-graduation career landscape through sharing of experiences, job search coaching, networking assistance or similar career preparation activities.
- Offer students insight into ways their degree will prepare them for life after Millersville, leading to rewarding careers in a wide range of fields.
We are looking to expand our pool of alumni involved in the Career Mentoring Program. If you are interested in any of the activities below, or have suggestions for other ways that could help Weinberg students beginning life ‘beyond The Arch,’ please contact:Outreach Possibilities
- Career Panels/Industry Nights — intended to provide information about a range of career opportunities within a specific field, e.g., Accounting, Government, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Education, The Arts, etc.
- Industry Specific Workshops — e.g., How To Prepare for an Interview, Interviewing Tips for Education Majors, Uncovering Opportunities in Nonprofit Management, Why Join a Professional Association in Your Field, etc.
- MU Alumni Networking Nights — Alumni meet with a groups of students at least twice during the academic year to offer advice about career options and opportunities related to a major field of study. Alumni may draw on both their own experience and that of colleagues they may invite to join the student gatherings. Seeking alumni to host events at their place of business.
- Career Fairs/Recruitment — Come back to Millersville to meet and interview students for full-time, part-time and internship opportunities at your place of employment.
Millersville alumnus recruiting students at the 2013 Job and Internship Fair on campus.
Please consider engaging with current students, sharing stories of how your Millersville education has shaped your career, and offering your skills to help students best prepare for a career search.
For more information on how to get involved, contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at 800-681-1855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.