MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Ms. Becky McDonah
Ms. Becky McDonah
- Fine Art Metals I (ART 291)
- Fine Art Metals II (ART 391)
- Fine Art Metals III (ART 491)
- Fine Art Metals IV (ART 492)
- Fine Art Metals V & VI (ART 591, 592)
- Topics: Continued Exploration in Metal (ART 486)
- Three Dimensional Design (ART 242)
- B.A. Art & Mass Communications – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, 1995
- MFA Studio Art - Metalworking, Arizona State University, 2000
McDonah's research interests focus on the format of the reliquary for their ability to elaborately protect and display venerated objects as she explores issues dealing with importance of position, presentation, and access or limited access to the contents. She utilizes a variety of traditional and non-traditional metalsmithing techniques and works mainly with non-ferrous metals while incorporating other materials from rubber to stones to bring her ideas to fruition.
About Becky McDonah
Professor McDonah joined the Art & Design Department in July of 2012. Previous to this she headed up the Metalworking Department at Arizona State University from 2005-2012 and she was a Visiting Professor at Bowling Green State University in Ohio from 2001-2005. While in Tempe, Arizona McDonah served as President of the Arizona Designer Craftsmen Central Chapter 2006-2010, received the Distinguished Teacher Award in 2007 from the Herberger College of the Arts at Arizona State University and served as Co-Chair of the 2012 Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) annual conference. She has participated in numerous national and international exhibitions, and has lectured and presented workshops at internationally renowned venues.
- Society of North American Goldsmiths – Board Member
- American Craft Council
- Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Publications and Presentations
- Humor in Craft, Editor: Brigitte Martin. Schiffer Publications.
- Mixed Metal Jewelry Workshop, Mary Hettmansperger. Senior Editor: Marthe LeVan, Lark Books publishers. Ashville, NC.
- 500 Metal Vessels, Editor: Marthe LeVan, Lark Books publishers, Ashville, NC.
- Guest Faculty/Lecturer: “Pressure and the Hydraulic Press”, Peters Valley School of Craft, Layton, NJ.
- Guest Faculty/Lecturer: “Pushing Power with the Hydraulic Press”, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, TN.
- Guest Faculty/Lecturer: “Righteous Reliquaries for Ordinary Objects”, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, TN.
- Guest Demonstrator/Lecturer: Yuma Art Symposium.