Dr. Behnam Nakhai
Dr. Behnam Nakhai
Professor of Management
Office: 351 McComsey
T: 12:10-2:10 pm
W: 4:55-5:55 pm
R: 12:10-2:10 pm
Comments: Others by appointment.
About Dr. Nakhai
Dr. Behnam Nakhai received his Ph.D. in 1982 from the Claremont Graduate University in Claremont, California, where he studied management under Peter F. Drucker. Prior to joining Millersville University in 1987, he taught at California State University, Los Angeles, Cal Poly, Pomona, University of La Verne, Citrus College, and Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon. He was formerly the University Relations Director of Mid-Atlantic APICS – the leading professional association for supply chain and operations management.
As a researcher, Dr. Nakhai has authored/co-authored 58 papers. His research interests include topics in Six Sigma, service quality, quality costs, negotiation analysis and teams.His recent publications have appeared in International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, among others.
As a consultant, Dr. Nakhai is specialized in strategy and policy for governments, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. His special focus is on the organization and strategic management of quality. He has worked with large multinationals, as well as with small and entrepreneurial companies in U.S. and abroad. In recent years he worked extensively in developing a Six Sigma methodology for service organizations. He has served as a consultant for United Nations Development Programme’s TOKTEN, or Transfer of Knowledge Through Expatriate Nationals, an innovative project that allows expatriates from programme countries to return home for a period ranging from two weeks to three months to contribute their skills and services to their homeland’s development.
Dr. Nakhai is a member of the Academy of Management, Decision Sciences Institute, Eastern Academy of Management, Production & Operations Management Society, and Institute for Supply Management.
Recent Journal Articles
1) Neves, J.S. & Nakhai, B. (2016). Negotiation strategies under sigmoid preferences International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences, 7(3), 38-51.
2) Neves, J.S. & Nakhai, B. (2011). Six Sigma for services: A service quality framework. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 7(4), 463-483.
3) Neves, J.S. & Nakhai, B. (2011). Searching for Pareto-optimal settlements in negotiations: The extreme payoffs method. International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences. 2(1), 85-100.
4) Nakhai, B. & Neves, J.S. (2009). The challenges of six sigma in improving service quality. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 26 (7), 663-684.
5) Kim, S. & Nakhai, B. (2008). The dynamics of quality costs in continuous improvement. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 25 (8), 842-859.
Fall 2016 Class Schedule
|BUAD 251.00||Principles of Management||TR||8:00-9:15 pm||MCCOM 301|
|BUAD 357.00||International Management||TR||10:50-12:05 pm||MCCOM 301|
|BUAD 452.00||Operations/Supply Chain Management||TR||9:25-10:40 am||MCCOM 301|
|BUAD 452.01||Operations/Supply Chain Management||W||6:00-9:00 pm||MCCOM 203|