International Association of Emergency Managers
The mission of IAEM is to serve its members by providing information, networking and professional opportunities, and to advance the emergency management profession.
Today, IAEM continues to drive the development of the profession of emergency management through its promotion of the Principles of Emergency Management, Certified Emergency Manager (CEM®) Program and IAEM Scholarship Program. The Student Council now has chapters at universities around the world and works to engage with future professionals as they choose their career paths.
To Join IAEM:
1. Go to the "Join IAEM" portion of the IAEM Website. Click here.
2. Click "Join Online Today!"
3. Fill out the required information. Student membership costs $40 per year.
4. Once you have submitted the membership form, send proof of membership to our IAEM Secretary, Robert Fink (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2013-2014 Local Chapter Officers:
|Vice President||Chris Gaughanemail@example.com|
|Undergraduate Vice President||Jon Beuerlefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Mary Kate Hudsonemail@example.com|
Meetings for the local chapter are virtual and are usually held on the first Tuesday of each month during the Fall and Spring semester. Meetings begin at 8:30pm (eastern time) and are usually accompanied by a guest speaker in the Emergency Management field. Beginning this fall semester (2014), we will be encorporating a new "Roundtable Discussion" at select meetings - topics such as "What went right/wrong in a recent disaster & how could we improve?" to the ongoing Education v. Experience debate may be touched upon looking for students' opinions. Additionally, the MU-IAEM chapter will be opened up to undergraduates this year who are in the Environmental Hazards and Emergency Management (EHEM) Minor, further improving student engagement as well as increased visibility to the campus population. One further addition during the meetings, those in attendance will get a glimpse at any upcoming hands-on training exercises or educational opportunities.
Spring Semester Meeting Dates:
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 (Nominations)
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 (Elections & Final Meeting)
IAEM Meeting Access Instructions:
To access the virtual meetings please follow these instructions:
1. Log into D2L.
2. Click on the "MSEM EMGT Graduate Program" course.
3. On the MSEM EMGT Graduate Program homepage, click on "IAEM Student Section Meetings."
4. The link should take you directly to the IAEM meeting classroom... if not, select the "IAEM Student Section Meetings" classroom.
5. Scroll down and select "save and join" to open blackboard collaborate.
*If you are not a student, faculty, or staff member of the CDRE MSEM program, please contact CDRE@Millersville.edu for further instructions for accessing our meetings.