Applying for Your Certificate
Certification Application Instructions:
- When you begin your final semester in which you will be graduating or completing your certification program, you should submit a "Certification Intent" packet with the Certification Office. You may obtain the packet from the Certification office or Download the forms needed according to the "Certification Applicant's Checklist".
- On the first day of the month of your graduation or the completion of your certification program, you may submit your completed "Credential Application" through the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) application portal with the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- All forms and instructions for completing the intent packet and the TIMS application can be found under our "Forms and Information" tab to the left.
Certification (PAPA/PECT/Praxis) Test Scores
(required for Instructional certificates only)
- MIllersville Certification Office should be indicated as a test score recipient to receive test score data directly from the Testing Service provider. Copies of test scores must be submitted according to APS and Certification processing requirements.
To Receive Your Certificate As Soon As Possible At the End of the Semester
You, especially STUDENT TEACHERS AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS, SHOULD SUBMIT THE ABOVE 90-DAYS BEFORE GRADUATION OR COMPLETION OF YOUR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. This time frame gives the Certification Office time to check for your test scores, check your graduation application and grades for your last semester, prepare a verification letter for you to include with job applications, etc. Your affirmation and recommendation will be submitted electronically through the TIMS application portal directly to PDE as soon as possible after the end of the semester and after we have received all required certification materials.
The following items must be returned to the MU Certification Office:
- Information Needed for Certification sheet
- Request for Verification
- Copy of TIMS coversheet
Note: Do not fold, staple, or paper clip. Photocopies are acceptable.
Notice of approval of your certification will be communicated to you directly by the Bureau of Teacher Preparation and Certification in Harrisburg. You will have to enter the TIMS application portal in order to print a copy of your certificate. No certificate will be mailed to you.
|Instructional I - Type Code 61 (first certificate)
Instructional II - Type Code 62
|Special Education (PreK-8)||9226|
|Special Education (7-12)||9227|
|Educational Specialist - Type Code 31|
|Elementary School Counselor||1836|
|Secondary School Counselor||1837|
|Supervisory - Type Code 76|
|Curriculum & Instruction (K-12)||2915|
|Industrial Arts/Technology Education||5915|
|School Guidance Services||1815|
|School Health Services||1891|
|School Psychological Services||1877|
|Administrative - Type Code 78|