Program Completion/PA Certification
Certification Information & Portals
Certification Applicants Checklist
In order for the Millersville University Certification Office to complete a certification application in TIMS and recommend a student for certification with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), a student must complete the following steps:
Complete steps 1 & 2 at the beginning of your final semester. If you completed a program in the past, but did not file for certification at that time, please follow this procedure. Submitting your TIMS application without completing the Millersville University verification process will delay your certificate.
Complete step 3 on the FIRST DAY of the final month of your program.
- Create your TIMS account through the PA Department of Education PORTAL.
- Create a Username and Password
- When you set up your account for the 1st time, you will receive your 7-digit PPID#. MAKE NOTE OF YOUR PPID NUMBER! You will need it for all your future work in TIMs and for prospective employers to view your credentials.
- Complete the "Request for Millersville University to Verify Completion of Certification Program" form.
- ALL certification applicants must complete an application online through the TIMS portal in order to be approved for certification in the state of Pennsylvania. **PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to finalize your application and payment until the month of your graduation. (TIMS does not allow you to add a "future" graduation date. You must add the correct month/year of graduation in order to be processed.)
- Log into the TIMS system using your previously created Username and Password
- Start a "New Credential" through the TIMS application portal
- Please note: The application fee in TIMS is $200 per content area (with the exception of Dual Certification applicants)
- SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TIMS COVERSHEET (page 1 only) to the Certification Office via fax, scan and email, or upload it through the online portal.