Getting Certified in PA
Certification Applicants Checklist
NEW Online Certification Intent Process!
Certification Applicant's Checklist
In order for the Millersville University Certification Office to complete a certification application in TIMS and recommend a student for certification with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), a student must complete the following steps:
- Start/Submit an electronic application through the TIMS portal at http://www.PA-TIMS.com/. ALL certification applicants must complete an application online through the TIMS portal in order to be approved for certification in the state of Pennsylvania.
- a. Create a Username and Password
- b. Start/Submit a "New Credential" through the TIMS application portal
- c. **PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to finalize your application and payment until the month of your graduation. (TIMS does not allow you to add a "future" graduation date. You must add the correct month/year of graduation in order to be processed.)
- Complete the "Request for Millersville University to Verify Completion of Certification Program" form.
Click HERE to Request Millersville to Verify your Completion of Certification
- Complete the process above at the beginning of your final semester. If you completed a program in the past, but did not file for certification at that time, please follow this procedure. Submitting your TIMS application without completing the Millersville University verification process will delay your certificate.
- On the FIRST DAY of the final month of your program, complete your application in TIMS.
- a. Please note: As of 9/1/13 the application fee in TIMS is $125
- b. SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TIMS COVERSHEET (page 1 only) to the Certification Office via fax, scan and email, or upload it through the online portal (web link coming soon).