MAKE-UP SCHEDULE FOR CANCELLED EXAMS TODAY
Tuesday 10:15-12:15 Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Tuesday 12:30-2:30 pm Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
More information at: http://blogs.millersville.edu/exchange/2013/12/09/weather-information-for-finals-week/.
Students are trained as peer educators to reach out to the campus community and provide individuals with important information on the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle, resources and services available at Millersville University, and how to safely make the most out of their college experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Attend a week-long training before the fall semester. This training is the same time as Resident Assistant training and Orientation Leader responsibilities. Students are compensated for their work.
2. Attend a training day at the start of the spring semester.
3. Complete Certified Peer Education training requirement (12 hour training).
4. Attend continuing training opportunities, as available.
B. Assistance to Students
1. Present Lifestyle Workshops.
2. Conduct outreach on campus pertaining to topics relevant to college students.
3. Assist in campus-wide awareness events.
4. Serve as a role model.
C. Administrative Responsibilities
1. Attend regular weekly staff meetings every Wednesday from 9:15-10:15pm.
2. Work one, regularly scheduled office hour (your choice) in the Center for Health Education and Promotion.
3. Work one, regular scheduled committee meeting hour with chosen committee.
4. Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Be in good academic standing.
2. Must be at least a sophomore (as of Fall 2013).
3. Must be an undergraduate student at Millersville University.
4. Exhibit outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Organize time well.
7. Dependable and reliable.
8. Presentation and teaching skills.
9. Ability to work within a small group.
Terms and Conditions:
A. Length of Position
1. The position is ongoing throughout the academic year, from August to May. Students are required to reapply for the position each year.
1. Each Peer Educator will be paid $7.25 per hour. Employee evaluations are conducted at the end of every semester. Outstanding employee evaluations can lead to an increase in this wage.
2. On average, Peer Educators are budgeted to work 4-5 hours per week.
1. Each Peer Educator is required to commit to this position by signing a contract that outlines responsibilities
Peer Education Groups:
The peer education groups (formerly Peer Health and Empower Peer Educators) have been refocused and broken into 5 individual topic based groups. These include: alcohol and other drugs; nutrition, physical activity and body image; sexual violence, mental health; and sexual responsibility and healthy relationships.