Catered Food Services on Campus Policy
Approved: August 16, 2005
President’s Executive Cabinet
Revised: December 1, 2009, President’s Cabinet
This policy outlines the provision of catered services to campus departments for University business. This policy applies to all faculty, staff and/or students who wish to purchase catered services to be funded by a University cost center or a student activities account. It will provide consistent procedure for the planning and use of catered services for University business.
The Catering Division of the University’s Dining and Conference Services Department has the exclusive rights to all catering activities to be held on campus or to be funded by a University cost center or a student activities account. This policy excludes small personal and individually planned functions held in office areas where food is prepared by those attending.
The PASSHE Policy 1983-23 authorizes University Presidents to approve expenditures for meal services provided at University expense. The President of Millersville University has delegated this approval authority to Vice Presidents and others designated by Vice Presidents.
The use of University funds is appropriate:
- If the University is contractually bound to provide meal services,
- In connection with workshops, seminars, official receptions, and other similar events, which include University students, representatives of other PASSHE universities, or other outside guests
- When entertaining official guests of the University
- In connection with meetings or events serving the business purpose of the University which include University students, representatives of other PASSHE universities, or other outside guests.
Dining and Conference Services and the Purchasing Office will not accept requests for the use of University funds:
- In connection with office parties, even if such events involve individuals outside of the office
- In connection with departmental events for individual retirement recognition
- For reimbursement of expense for food items/ingredients used in lieu of catered services
- For the purchase of alcoholic beverages. (See Alcoholic Beverages policy
Dining and Conference Servicesaccepts reservations of all campus catering activities which meet the required guest attendance criteria maintains facilities and services of the William Bolger Conference Center insures compliance with University policies and procedures initiates all invoicing for services Purchasing Office insures compliance with University policies and procedures Accounting Office implements payments to Dining and Conference Services