Forming a New Organization
Forming a New Organization:
Process of Forming a New Club or Organization at Millersville
This is the process that a prospective organization must go through before it is officially recognized by the Student Senate.
1. Fill out the Petition and Advisor Letter - The petition, signatures and letter of recommendation from advisor is necessary to approve an organization for temporary status.
2. Approval of Petition by the Constitution Committee - The Constitution Committee is the committee within the Senate which handles organizations.
3. Create/Submit a Constitution - The club or organization must submit to the Committee a Constitution for review and approval within 6 weeks of petition approval.
4. Approval by the Constitution Committee - The Constitution Committee will proof read the Constitution, make any needed changes, and approve the Constitution.
5. Approval by the full Senate - The Constitution Committee Chairperson, after approval by the Committee, recommends to the Senate that the organization be approved for temporary status. Temporary status lasts for one calendar year.
6. Register Online with the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership - After approval for Temporary Status from the full Senate, the organization must register with the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership. The president(using their marauder email login and password) can register with the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership at involved.millersville.edu/organizations. First click on the login button in the top right corner. After you login there will be a button in the bottom left corner that says “Register a New Organization”. To complete the online registration the organization must complete the online registration form providing contact information for organization officers as well as the organization advisor and uploading a copy of the constitution. To complete the registration, a signed Advisor Agreement Form must be signed and returned to the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership (SMC 118) and the organization president or vice president must attend a President Meeting. (Note: you must also register the organization at the beginning of every academic year) After completing items 1-6 the organization is officially on Temporary Status, which means the organization can:
1) have an account with Student Services, Inc.,
2) have a mailbox and
3) use campus facilities for meeting and functions.
*Organizations may apply for emergency allocations after spending a minimum of six months on Temporary Status.