Student Research in Economics
2012 Papers and Posters
Crescenzo, Michael P. "In the Word, Not of It: The Amish Struggle to Preserve Their Culture in Hard Economic Times"
Hand, Chaney M. "Cash or Credit? Why Millersville University Students Have Credit Card Debt"
Koons, Kaleb L. "Spring Cleaning: Pennsylvania Resident's Willingness to Pay for Chesapeake Bay Watershed Clean-up Projects"
McCauley, Ryan W. "Prison Bars Break the Bank: An Economic Analysis of the Lancaster County Ready2Work Program's Effect on Recidivism and Its Cost Effectiveness"
Moon, Eric K. "Big Fracking Deal: An Analysis of Marcellus Shale through Classical, Marxian, and Ecological Schools of Economic Thought"
Robinson, David C. "New Jersey! Better Than the Rest? The New Jersey Housing Market's Resistance to the Financial Crisis"
Sawyer, Brett L. "Got Wikipedia? A Study on Wikipedia's Effects on College Students"
Shue, Benjamin C. "Got Ethanol? A Study of Rising Corn Prices and Diversification in the Pennsylvania Dairy Industry"
(Title, Author, Year, Faculty Committee)
* denotes Omicron Delta Epsilon Research Award winner
- Beating the Odds: Creating a Value-Based Investment Strategy for Long-Term Superior Results, Erik Baker, 2007, Suliman, Madden, Guo
- Does Foreign Direct Investment Converge Economies?*, Ryan D. Walker, 2007, Suliman, Smith, Baker
- Clustering the Economy, Brenda Chavez, 2006, Smith, Gumpper, Madden
- Variations in Individual Decision Making: Children, Adults, and Economic Theory*, Patricia C. Grieggs, 2006, Baker, Smith, Madden, Gumpper
- The Power of Equality, Evan Gentry, 2005, Madden, Suliman, Callari
- Nuisance Taxes and the Brain Drain, Justin Kleinfleter, 2004, Suliman, Smith
- Aristotelian Ethics as an Indicator of Company StockPerformance, Steve Elliker, 2003, Suliman, Smith, Ward
- Stock Typology and the S&P Game, Jesse Ellis, 2003, Suliman, Smith, Gumpper
- Happiness & Subjective Well Being: Determinants with an International Comparison, Lauren Williams, 2003, Smith, Gumpper, Madden
- Evaluation of Union Membership, 1800-2001, Terrance J. Doherty, 2002, Smith, Gumpper, Suliman
- Identification and Analysis of Significant Industry Clusters and Employment Trends in Lancaster County, Bill Stadden, 2002, Smith, Gumpper, Madden
- Valuing Water Quality Improvements in the Chesapeake Bay, Kelley Appleman, 2001, Gumpper, Madden, Smith
- The Relationship Between Athletic Participation at MU and Post-Graduation Income, Brian Hanks, 2001, Madden, Gumpper, Smith
- Lancaster Merchants 1756-1789: An Unequal Distribution of Wealth, David Howell, 2000, Madden, Gumpper, McLarnon
- Factors of Production in the United States: A Time-Series Analysis, Ron Horst, 1999, Margolis, Madden, Shultz, Smith, Suliman
- Integration of the Russian Financial Market: Inter-Regional Analysis, Anna Katseva, 1998, Suliman, Fenwick, Guo, Gumpper, Margolis