Photography Contest for Summer, Academic Internships
Experiential Learning and Career Management is hosting a photo contest open to all students participating in summer internships. Share your internship experience! We are looking for meaningful testimonials from students to promote internships to other MU students. Submit your photo and description and have a chance to win a padfolio and a $25 bookstore gift card - to awarded in the fall semester.
Kayla Yuditsky, Environmental Biology, Organic Farm Intern at Rodale Institute's Working Tree Center
My internship experience was awesome because I was exposed to opportunities that I will never forget. It nicely complimented the topics I learned in my major at Millersville, but there are some things that just cannot be experienced in a classroom setting. This is why I recommend an internship. Besides gaining invaluable experience, I had a paying job that I love and numerous networking opportunities, even if some of them were just with animals. Feeding and caring for the animals every morning gave me a sense of pride, letting me know that my work is valuable. My internship also had great perks, such as bringing home leftover plants and an abundance of organic produce. An internship is a fun way to spend your summer that will help you gain relative experience, and it could even be life changing.
- Students must be currently enrolled as a Millersville University student when submitting an entry.
- Your academic internship must have occurred and was registered for credits between May 11, 2015, and August 20, 2015.
- Be mindful of the specific policies and privacy laws of your workplace and industry. Our expectation is that MU students abide by all worksite rules for professional conduct in their respective industries/careers. If you have questions about confidentiality or proprietary matters, please check with your employer supervisor before emailing photos to the contest.
- Get creative. We are looking for a picture of you that captures a great internship moment, whether it is a shot of you on the production line with your site supervisor, company president, assisting/presenting or preparing for an organizational event, the photograph is meant to be representative of something you have done or are doing so have fun with it. Students may submit up to three photographs.
- Please also adhere to the following guidelines: Photos must be submitted in JPEG format, with a resolution of at least 2400 x 1600. Please do not download photographs from Facebook or other social media sites since they are usually compressed. Save your photos in the following format: FirstName_LastName_ImageTitle
- Write a description of 300 words or less and an interesting caption as well. Explain in your best writing style why your experience is awesome. Explain the benefits of your internship (experience, salary, job offers, special perks, networking, etc.), and why you would recommend an internship to other MU students. The description is part of the entry and will be judged. ELCM retains the right to edit entries for proper grammar and spelling.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, August 7, 2015
Submit up to three photographs in electronic format by emailing them to: email@example.com
List in subject line: Photo contest, your last name and internship organization. In the email message, include the following information: Your full name, academic major, class level, internship company and cell phone number.
By entering this contest, you grant Millersville University the right to publish, use, reproduce and/or publicly display your photographs and written testimonial on MU’s website, social networking sites, and in any of its publications.