Using MU CareerConnection
- Complete the online orientation.
- Have Departmental Coordinator sign "Request for Academic Internship"
- Return "Request for Academic Internship" form to ELCM Office. You will be entered in the MU CareerConnection firewall and will then be able to log into the system. If the ELCM Office does not have your "Request for Academic Internship" form, you will not be able to access the web site or jobs.
- Upon receipt of "Request for Internship Assignment" form student may begin to use CareerConnections to post resumes and do job searches.
- Access MU Career Connections by logging onto Career Connection or by using the link provided on the ELCM Web page.
- If you have completed a internship/co-op before but have never logged into MU CareerConnection contact the ELCM Office for your user name and password.
- Once you return your "Request for Academic Internship" form to the ELCM Office, click on "Click to Register" on the MU CareerConnection and complete your profile and upload your resume.
Update your profile:
- Click "My Profile".
- You will see boxes containing Personal Information and Demographic Information.
- Each box will have an edit button.
- Carefully go through each box and fill out the required (*) and requested fields.
- The more detailed you fill out, the better we will be able to assist you.
- Save all changes.
Updating your Resume:
- Click on My Documents.
- Choose Upload Files.
- Click Browse to find your document.
- Select the correct document and name it.
- Click Upload
- When uploading more than one document, make sure your most generic resume is your default.
- Click submit Student Profile.
- Once your profile and resume are submitted, we will review your file and release you to look for jobs in the system.
Search for Internships:
- Click on Jobs.
- Click on the Job ID to see the specifics of the position.
- Write down Job ID numbers of positions you are interested in.
- Call the ELCM Office to schedule an appointment with Graduate Assistant to review job selections.