MAKE-UP SCHEDULE FOR CANCELLED EXAMS TODAY
Tuesday 10:15-12:15 Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Tuesday 12:30-2:30 pm Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
More information at: http://blogs.millersville.edu/exchange/2013/12/09/weather-information-for-finals-week/.
Writing Studies Minor
The Minor in Writing Studies enables students who are not English majors to develop a specialty in writing. This concentration can prepare many different majors for writing in academic and professional situations.
Core: All candidates for the Minor in Writing Studies must take the following core course:
- ENGL 272: Introduction to Writing Studies
Electives: Candidates will select four of the following elective courses—at least two must be from the English Department and at least one must be at the 400 level
- ENGL 280: Rhetoric of Race
- ENGL 311: Advanced Composition
- ENGL 312: Technical Writing
- ENGL 313: Fundamentals of Journalism
- ENGL 316: Business Writing
- ENGL 340: Visual Rhetoric
- ENGL 342: Reading and Writing for Civic Change
- ENGL 466: Special Topics in Writing Studies Seminar
- ENGL 471: Creative Writing
- COMM 342 Theories of Rhetoric
- COMM 403 Persuasion
- COMM 430 Culture and the Semiotics of Communication
- GERM 460: Introduction to Translation and Interpretation
- FREN 460: Introduction to Translation and Interpretation
- RUSS 460: Introduction to Translation and Interpretation
- SPAN 460: Introduction to Translation and Interpretation
Capstone: Candidates will select one of the following capstone courses:
- ENGL 400: Cooperative Education
- ENGL 472: Writing Workshop