Office: 207 Chryst Hall
Phone: (717) 871-7392
Ph.D. in rhetoric, Carnegie Mellon University, 2016.
M.A. in rhetoric, Carnegie Mellon University, 2011.
- Science Writing
- Technical Writing
- Environmental rhetoric
- Rhetoric of place
- Public sphere theory
- Discourse analysis
- Computer-aided rhetorical analysis
- Deliberative democracy
- Health and medical discourse
- English 110: English Composition
- English 311: Advanced Composition
- English 312: Technical Writing
- English 319: Science Writing
- English 466: Writing Studies Seminar: Environmental Advocacy Writing
Mando, Justin. "Constructing the vicarious experience of proximity in a Marcellus Shale public hearing." Environmental Communication 10.3 (2016): 352-364.
Johnstone, Barbara and Justin Mando. "Proximity and journalistic practice in environmental discourse: Experiencing ‘job blackmail’ in the news." Discourse & Communication 9.1 (2015): 81-101.
Passions & Distractions
- Fly fishing
- Recreation on the Susquehanna River
- Travel in Slovakia