Faculty Grants Committee
The Faculty grants Committee is responsible for evaluating applications from faculty for internal grant funding at Millersville University to support research, publications, travel to present, special academic activities, and released time.
The committee consists of ten faculty members, who read and individually rank each proposal. Proposals are scored on a 10 point scale and a trimmed mean is computed by eliminating each proposal's highest and lowest score. The committee allocates funding to proposals using a blind review of trimmed mean scores.
- All of your application materials in a single PDF file for each proposal must be submitted via email to the chair at email@example.com on or before the submission deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Proposals must be typewritten in standard English, avoiding professional jargon. They should be comprehensible to any member of the committee regardless of his or her discipline.
- It is permissible to apply one cycle in advance for activities (e.g., apply in the summer cycle for a fall activity). It is not permissible, however, to apply retroactively (e.g., you may not apply in the fall to fund activities that took place in the summer). You may not apply for the same activity in multiple cycles.
- All activities and/or presentations for the same conferences will be considered under only one academic application and category (e.g. Travel-to-Present or Special Academic Activities), so please use only one application.
- Organizational membership fees will not be paid through Faculty Grants monies. Please do not include such fees in registration requests.
- Temporary, full-time faculty and regular, part-time faculty are eligible to apply for all grant categories except Released-Time.
- Members of the Faculty Grants Committee are eligible to submit proposals for all grant categories but will not evaluate their own proposals or participate in discussions of their proposals.
- Final report forms must be submitted one year from date of award for recipients of research grants, publication grants, and released time grants. (Reports are not necessary for travel grants or special academic activities).
Submission Deadlines for Grant Cycles
- Fall Cycle: October 1
(Activities from Sept. 1 - Dec. 31)
- Spring Cycle: March 1
(Activities from Jan. 1 - May 31)
- Summer Cycle: June 1
(Activities from June 1 - Aug. 31)
Note: If the 1st falls on a weekend, the deadline is moved to the following Monday
All grant proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. on submission deadline. Requests for extensions will not be honored.
Contact the Chair
Prof. Melissa Gold
Location: McNairy Library & Learning Forum, Room 205
Phone: (717) 871-7124
- Dr. Jeff Adams
- Dr. Kerri Farkas
- Dr. Ronald Frankum
- Dr. Justin Garcia
- Dr. Christine Gaudry
- Prof. Melissa Gold
- Dr. Nazli Hardy
- Dr. Kazi Hossain
- Dr. Jennifer Shettel
- Dr. Mingquan Zhan