Special Academic Activities
Faculty members should be actively participating in workshops or short courses; serve as official session chairs, moderators, respondents, or discussants at academic conferences; or participate in the business of scholarly organization at academic conferences in an official capacity. The purpose of Special Academic Activities grants is to help off set expenses associated with such activities.
- Request for funds for special academic activities should not exceed $500 per proposal.
- The value of the activity for the attendant and the university should be made particularly clear to the committee.
- The scope of the activity (e.g., international/national, regional, state, local) will be used as ranking criterion.
- All special academic activities proposals must be accompanied by:
- verification when available form the sponsoring organization indicating the participants' role in the activity;
- justification in 250 words of less describing your role and the value of the activity to your profession