Transfer Requests

Transfer Requests

Transfer Requests

If you plan to come to Millersville University from another U.S. university, ir if you plan to attend another school, Millersville will have to transfer your immigration record.

International students MUST attend the school they are authorized to attend by the Department of Homeland Security. Students are authorized to attend the school whose name appears on their I-20 or DS-2019 - in some cases, the DS-2019 may be from a different sponsor.

Transfer In

Global Education cannot issue your new I-20 or DS-2019 until your SEVIS record has been electronically transferred from your previous institution to Millersville University. Please consult with your current international student adviser regarding the transfer date. Please communicate with Global Education to make sure we receive your SEVIS record. You MUST have your new I-20 or DS-2019 before starting your program at Millersville.

Transfer Out

If you are planning to leave Millersville University to attend another U.S. school, you must request a "transfer out" from Global Education. Global Education will release your SEVIS record to the new school. The date of your release depends on your current program status.

For more information regarding transferring to another institution as an F- 1 student, visit