Millersville students go far through our International Studies academic program and numerous study abroad opportunities.
The Office of Global Education & Partnerships at Millersville University of Pennsylvania provides global educational opportunities for MU students and faculty as well as the Lancaster County community as a whole. This is accomplished by partnering with universities and academic program providers around the globe. Programs include bilateral study abroad, international internships, student teaching abroad, research collaboration and professional training.
Millersville is currently experiencing an exciting growth in its educational affiliations. At present, MU has institutional partners in Australia, Chile, China, France, Germany, Japan, South Africa, Spain, and the United Kingdom (including Scotland and Northern Ireland). MU is sending record numbers of students and faculty abroad. We are in turn honored to host students, faculty and administration, from our partners throughout the year and to join them in new and innovative joint programming initiatives.
The Office of Global Education’s staff consists of experienced program coordinators, including a program coordinator for students going through Non-MU programs. Our office works extensively with students and their families from the initial interest stage, through the application and pre-departure process, to while they are abroad, and even long after they return.
Global Education provides a Pre-Departure Orientation for approved study abroad students and their families to ensure that all parties are prepared, and so that realistic expectations are established. Upon return from study abroad, students are encouraged to share their experiences and knowledge gained. Global Education offers ways for students to stay connected through activities such as photo contests, our Global Education Ambassador program, many volunteer promotional activities, and programs with international exchange students here at MU.
More information about The Office of Global Education and the study/professional experiences abroad process can be found on this website. If you have questions or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Office of Global Education and Partnerships promotes the internationalization of the university community so that Millersville University fulfills its mission in the following areas:
- To better prepare students for a diverse society and workforce, the University embraces diversity of people, cultures, ideas and viewpoints...
- The University stimulates intellectual and creative energy that fosters the growth of our students, faculty and staff and contributes to the social, political and economic advancement of the Commonwealth and the wider world.
- The Millersville University community...encourages multicultural awareness and understanding...(MU Mission Statement, 2008)
Global Education fulfills this mandate by:
- Championing borderless learning and exchange of ideas by promoting institutional development to achieve these ends;
- Encouraging MU students, faculty, administrators and staff to communally embrace a vision of a globally connected campus through dissemination of information, coordination and support.
- Welcoming international students and scholars and ensuring an enriching and successful stay at Millersville by providing consistently professional logistical support and counseling where appropriate.
- Developing, operating and maintaining a comprehensive, cost-effective education abroad program (study, interning and service-learning) that meets the highest levels of professional and academic integrity and adheres to recognized “best practices” in the field;
- Organizing globally focused programming of benefit to the MU campus as well as the public and private sectors in the wider community.