The Office of Global Education and Partnerships promotes the internationalization of the university community so that Millersville University fulfills its mission in the following areas:
- To better prepare students for a diverse society and workforce, the University embraces diversity of people, cultures, ideas and viewpoints...
- The University stimulates intellectual and creative energy that fosters the growth of our students, faculty and staff and contributes to the social, political and economic advancement of the Commonwealth and the wider world.
- The Millersville University community...encourages multicultural awareness and understanding... (MU Mission Statement, 2008)
Global Education fulfills this mandate by:
- Championing borderless learning and exchange of ideas by promoting institutional development to achieve these ends;
- Encouraging MU students, faculty, administrators and staff to communally embrace a vision of a globally connected campus through dissemination of information, coordination and support.
- Welcoming international students and scholars and ensuring an enriching and successful stay at Millersville by providing consistently professional logistical support and counseling where appropriate.
- Developing, operating and maintaining a comprehensive, cost-effective education abroad program (study, interning and service-learning) that meets the highest levels of professional and academic integrity and adheres to recognized “best practices” in the field;
- Organizing globally focused programming of benefit to the MU campus as well as the public and private sectors in the wider community.