Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Welcome back study abroad alum! Now that you are experienced travelers and have landed safely back in the U.S., the Office of Global Education and Partnerships would like to extend its support to you as returnees. This page will serve as the center for all things post-study abroad. Check out all of the activities and opportunities we have available for you!
(All opportunities and activities are only available for students who have already completed a study/internship abroad through MU programs, Non-MU programs, or Student Teaching Abroad with the exception of the Ambassador Program.)
Global Education wants YOUR FEEDBACK about your study abroad experience. Help us help future participants by completing the return SURVEY.
We take your opinions seriously to improve the study abroad program. Your input helps demonstrate to Millersville University how important an international experience is to university students.
To start the 5 minute survey click here: http://www.millersville.edu/globaled/surveys/eval/
Global Education cannot wait to see YOUR FANTASTIC PICTURES! We strongly encourage you to enter the contest, which is a great way to show off some of the amazing images you've captured during your time abroad.
TO ENTER: click on the Photo Contest Entry Form (PDF).
DEADLINE: to enter for the SPRING 2013 PHOTO CONTEST is Friday, March 1st.
ELIGIBILITY: Students who studied abroad during the Fall 2012 semester only.
- Marauders Abroad: Photos of you and/or other MU students on your program abroad.
- Marauders in Action: Photos of you and/or other MU students actively participating in a volunteer, service-learning, or internship opportunity OR photos of you "in action" in some other exciting way.
- People and Culture: Photos that truly capture the essence of the people and culture of your host country and the places you've visited.
- Landscapes and Landmarks: Photos that show the natural and urban wonders of your host country and the places you've visited.
VIEW PAST SEMESTERS' WINNERS:
Don't leave your study abroad experience behind! Consider becoming a Global Education Ambassador!
What is the Ambassador Program?
The Global Education Ambassador program is a creative outlet for sharing your study abroad experiences. Ambassadors are able to meet other students who are planning to study abroad while gaining professional experience creating and organizing events. After completing the program, Ambassadors earn an official Global Education Ambassador Recognition Letter and Certificate. (Great for portfolios and resumés!)
What's the commitment?
Participate in two activities to help Global Education. For example:
- Share your insider information and expertise about your study abroad location at a Study Abroad Info Session
- Help prepare students who are about to depart for studying abroad
Create and coordinate your very own event. For example:
- Present the value of your study abroad experience to a Millersville class, organization, or club
- Host a social activity for the international exchange students
You are three activities away from becoming a GLOBAL EDUCATION AMBASSADOR!
How do you get started?
Click here for the Global Education Ambassador Program Application. The deadline to submit an Ambassador Program Application is Friday, September 27th.
Already thinking ahead about how you can make your study abroad experience work for you? Check out the links below for more information about exciting internship opportunities available at Global Ed!
If you are any major other than what is listed above, you should contact your academic advisor(s) ASAP and ask if they would be willing to grant you credit for this internship. Make sure to send them the job description! Global Education only accepts students who are interning for academic credit.
The Office of Global Education emails study abroad participants while they are abroad to confirm that all classes taken at their host institution match those listed on their Residents Credits Form (and that pre-approved equivalencies have been provided). If you responded to this email and finalized course equivalents for any courses you took that were not originally on your Resident Credits Form, there should be no issues with the transfer of your credits.
Your host university/program will send transcripts directly to either our office or to the Registrar's Office. If your Resident Credits Form matches the courses listed on your transcript and we receive the transcript at Global Education, you will receive via email an electronic copy of your transcript before we forward the original to the Registrar's Office. Note: It can take up to 6 weeks to process the transcript so that your classes taken abroad appear on your DARS.
If you took any classes that were not listed on your Resident Credits Form and your Resident Credits Form was not revised, there will be a delay to get your credits posted to your DARS. If this is the case, you must contact Global Education or your Program Coordinator directly for further instructions. Your transcript cannot be processed without your Resident Credits Form being revised.