Congratulations! You've settled in safely at your study abroad destination! This page is your portal for all things Millersville and Global Ed. related. This will ensure that everything will continue to run smoothly while you are away and make your transition back to MU as simple as possible.
Checked in with MU and your family? Make sure you let Global Ed. and your family know that you have arrived safely and that you are okay.
Check your Marauder Mail lately? This is how all important information is communicated by MU and Global Ed. so don't forget to check it on a regular basis.
Is your class schedule finalized at your host university yet? If you take any classes that you did not get an equivalency for on your Resident Credits Form, make sure to email your Program Coordinator and academic advisor right away! Having an accurate Resident Credits Form will expedite the processing of your transcript so that your DARS will show your classes and grades for your semester abroad and help ensure that you make academic progress.
Keeping a blog or journal? Don't forget to tell us about your experiences. We love to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to the Important Forms and Information webpage. This webpage includes a list of important forms that need to be completed and essential information to keep in mind while you are abroad. We know paperwork is probably the last thing you want to think about right now, but completing these forms and staying on top of this information will help Global Ed. help you in the event of an emergency as well as make your return to MU smoother.
Do you have any further questions? Don't forget to reference your Study Abroad Handbook for detailed information.
Are you taking great photos? Don't forget to use your camera because you could be the next Global Ed. Photo Contest WINNER!
Check out these contest categories:
- Marauders Abroad: Photos of you and/or other MU students on your program abroad.
- Marauders in Action: Photos of you and/or other MU students actively participating in a volunteer, service-learning, or internship opportunity OR photos of you "in action" in some other exciting way.
- Skully Abroad: Where has your Skully been? Make sure Skully is smiling in each of these photos!
- People and Culture: Photos that truly capture the essence of the people and culture of your host country and the places you've visited.
- Landscapes and Landmarks: Photos that show the natural and urban wonders of your host country and the places you've visited.
Take a look at past Photo Contest Winners!
Already thinking ahead about how you can make your study abroad experience work for you after you return home? Check out the links below for more information about exciting internships available at Global Ed!
If you are any major other than what is listed above, you should contact your academic advisor(s) ASAP and ask if they would be willing to grant you credit for the internship. Make sure to send them the job description! Global Education only accepts students who would be interning for academic credit.