Millersville University offers the M.Ed. in sport management, with specialty concentrations in athletic coaching and athletic management. Designed to meet the needs of full-time students as well as working professionals, this program is ideal for individuals involved in the management of professional sport industries, commercial and community recreation, sport facilities, fitness clubs and related enterprises. Studies are interdisciplinary, drawing on expertise in sport science, educational theory and research.
- Sports Organizational Management
- College Coaching
- Campus Recreation
- Facility/Game Day Operations
- Community Recreation
Interested in the program?
Accelerated Program Fall 2014
WSSD 605: Sport and the Law
WSSD 604: Facilities and Event Management
Delivering winning outcomes at Millersville University
"My master’s degree from Millersville University has provided me with the tools to succeed in the growing field of sport and coaching education. The classroom projects, experiences and the faculty and staff have given me an education and connections that has allowed me to stand out from the crowd. I highly recommend the Millersville University Sport Management program."
Director of Coaching Education
United States Olympic Committee
"The Millersville University Sport Management Program is the ideal choice for anyone looking to enter the sports industry. Millersville has an excellent faculty, strong curriculum and a deep network of alumni. Earning my master's degree from Millersville was the best decision I could have made. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to make an impact in the sports industry."
Head Coach of Womens Field Hockey
Bryn Mawr College
"Millersville University was a great place for me to gain valuable experience in both the class room and the field of sports management through my Graduate Assistant position with Campus Recreation. The professors are very knowledgeable, personable and always willing to help. The Sport Management program at Millersville University has provided me with the knowledge, experience and confidence needed to be successful in my profession"
Assistant Director of Programs for Campus Recreation
"Millersville University’s Sport Management graduate program was the first stepping stone in building my career. The faculty members are motivated, passionate and dedicated. Class content is specific to sport, really honing in on the skills necessary to succeed and perform at a quality level. I can say with certainty that this degree was crucial in helping me obtain all of my professional goals."
Director of Sports Services
Lancaster Recreation Commission
Ready to get started?
Cohort Terms and Conditions
The M.Ed. in Sport Management cohort program takes two years. Courses will be offered online, blended, and technology enhanced with tentative meetings dates on Sunday afternoons at PASSHE Center City. Students will take two accelerated (7-weeks) courses per semester which allows them to concentrate on one course at a time. The program will feature our regular full-time faculty who will be working closely with the cohort students throughout the program in a small learning community in the range of 15 - 20 students.
Admission materials for the M.Ed. in Sport Management program may be submitted on a rolling basis, although the University highly recommends allowing six weeks for application processing. The College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning will continue adding students to the Fall 2014 Cohort up to a maximum of 20 students. Students also have the option of beginning the program as non-degree via our Non-Degree Application. This is the perfect option for those who are ready to enroll in courses ASAP but need more time to complete their formal degree application. This application will be processed by our office within 24 hours, and soon after students will receive a confirmation email. Please know that registration for this cohort program is facilitated by the Graduate Admissions Office, so be sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the necessary registration form for Fall 2014.
Steps to apply for admission to the M.Ed. in Sports Management program:
- Signed Signature page—To reserve your spot in the Fall 2014 cohort for the M.Ed. in Sport Management, please complete and submit this signed signature page.
- Completed Registration Form - Please complete and submit the registration form (Coming Soon!) to be maually registered for the Fall 2014 term.
- Application for Admission - Official application form for admission into Millersville University Graduate Studies. Applicants to all degree and certification programs use this application form. Must include $40 application fee. Click here to complete the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation—Three (3) recommendation forms, preferably from a supervisor or faculty member familiar with your work and academic background, are required with application for admission. When you complete the online application you will have an opportunity to send your references in electronic form.
- Academic and Professional Goals Statement—A signed academic and professional goals statement (approximately 300 words) is required with application for admission. The statement should include experiences which have influenced your decision to pursue post-baccalaureate studies and a self-assessment of your potential for advanced study and service.
- Transcripts—One (1) official transcript of baccalaureate and graduate work completed at all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts must bear the official institutional seal and be contained in a sealed institutional envelope. Millersville University graduates need not request a transcript.
- Test Scores— If your undergraduate grade point average (GPA) was below 3.0, you are required to either take the GRE/MAT/GMAT exam or you may opt for a face to face interview and writing sample. The computerized MAT is administered on a weekly basis by the Millersville University Test Center.
Mellon Independence Center 701 Market Street, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, PA (Above Ross Department store).