Program Assistant Application Procedure
- Read the POSITION DESCRIPTION carefully.
- If you meet the required GPA and disciplinary criteria and are willing and able to assume the responsibilities of the position, complete the APPLICATION form and the PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE.
- Return completed application and programming challenge as attachments in an email to Kathleen.Jones@millersville.edu. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 5 PM.
The Application Timeline:
April 15, 2015 - Email notification of position availability sent to all on campus students and student organizations for dissemination to members
April 15-23, 2015 - Open application period. Deadline for applications: 5PM, Thursday, April 23, 2015
April 24, 2015 - Interviews extended to qualified candidates
April 27-April 30, 2015 - Interviews conducted
May 1, 2015 - Applicants notified of hiring status through email
May 4-6, 2015 - Background checks and payroll procedures commence
August 13, 2015 - Employment begins for newly hired Program Assistants
The Application Process:
- Applicants who submit application and completed the programming challenge by the deadline will be considered for an interview. Should the number of applicants exceed ten; the top ten applicants will be offered interviews. Determination will be made by the Coordinator of Residential Learning and applicants will be notified by email to their Millersville account/or by text message to their phone on Friday, April 24, 2015. Please follow instructions in this message if you have been granted an interview.
- Interviews will take place in Gaige 58.
- References will be contacted following the interview.
- Everyone interviewed will be notified of their status by Friday, May 1, 2015 by email to their Millersville account as well as by text message. Those who are extended positions must follow instructions in this message/email. Failure to complete required payroll paperwork/background checks in timely fashion will result in appointment being rescinded.