Workers Compensation

General Information

The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office administers the workers compensation program for the University.

Workers Compensation coverage is provided under the Pennsylvania State Workers’ Compensation Program and the general provisions of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. The University workers compensation program covers all full-time, part-time and temporary, and student employees of Millersville University.

Any full-time, part-time, temporary, or student employee of the University who is injured or suffers an occupational illness while on the job must report their injury to their supervisor and to Human Resources.

Any University employee who suffers an accidental injury or occupational illness within the meaning of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act is entitled Medical Benefits and Compensation.

If You Are Injured on the Job You Should

  • Seek immediate medical treatment
  • Notify your supervisor right away (the same day you are injured)
  • Complete the Employees Report of Injury form
  • With your supervisor, complete the Employers Report of Occupational Injury or Disease form (commonly referred to as the "Supervisors Form") and provide your supervisor with all of the details regarding your injury and how it happened.
  • Send the forms to the EHS office in Human Resources, Dilworth Hall.  Call 871-4950 if you have questions.
  • You can also fax the forms to the office at 717-871-7950.
  • Forms must be submitted to the EHS office within 48 hours of the injury being reported to the supervisor.

If you do not complete the forms accurately or send the forms to Human Resources in a timely manner your claim may be denied and/or your benefits may be delayed or adversely affected.

Workers Compensation Forms