Help Completing Student Forms

Required Forms and Information

Millersville University maintains detailed payroll records for each employee.  On or about your first day at work, you will be asked to provide and complete the following information and forms.  Upon completion, you will be placed on the Student Payroll System.

Department Supervisor must complete Request to Hire Student Employee Card
Departments (except for Dining, Library and Office of Learning Services) will provide students with a list of designated dates and times to have new hire paperwork completed with the help of the payroll staff.


Student Employment Payroll Information Card

You must complete the top portion of the Student Employment Payroll Information card. Be sure to provide the Payroll Office with accurate information per the following:

  • A new card is not required for each job worked on campus.
  • For any changes to this card you must stop by the Payroll Office with your photo ID.

The name you use on the Student Information Card is the name that will be used on the payroll system for your payroll file to print your check/earnings statements, your W-2, and to report your earnings/taxes to the federal, state, and local taxing authorities. Federal law requires that you use your name exactly as it appears on your social security card.

  • Name changes require a new social security card. File your name change with the Social Security Administration before you ask the Payroll Office to change your name. When you receive your new social security card, bring the card to payroll to update our records. This type of change must be given to both the Payroll Office and the Registrar's Office in order to keep the University's records current.

The Permanent Residence is required information. The address you use should be the place you consider to be your home on a continuing basis (example: the place you are registered to vote, the address on your driver's license). This is the address that will appear on your earnings statement and W-2.

  • Permanent residence changes can be made by stopping in the Payroll Office with photo ID.
  • The Local Residence is no longer an available option for student employees who reside off-campus. The permanent residence is the only address Payroll Services will maintain.
  • It is important that you report any address changes to the Payroll Office and the Registrar's Office in order to keep our records current in addition to assuring that you receive your earnings statement and/or W-2 as efficiently as possible.
  • The Municipality information must be the county and the city, borough, or township of the Permanent Residence that is listed on the Information Card.

Form W4 - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

The amount of Federal Income Tax deducted from your pay depends on the information you supply on Form W-4. This form must be completed in ink, without any corrections. You do not need to complete the worksheet portion at the top. Please be sure to sign and date this form.


Federal law requires that you use your name exactly as it appears on your social security card

Home Address:

Your permanent address where you consider your home to be on a continuing basis (example: the place where you are registered to vote, the address on your driver's license).

Except for students claiming "EXEMPT", a new W-4 is required only if you want to change your filing status, which can be done anytime throughout the year.

International Students: All international student employees must come to the Payroll Office to complete their W-4 and I-9 forms. International students are required to bring their passport, visa, I-20 and social security card with them. For federal withholding purposes, the State System does not honor tax treaties. All International Students are required to complete their W-4 claiming Single, 1 exemption and writing NRA on line 6.

I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification Form

Newly hired employees are required to prove their identity and right to work in the United States as part of the Federal Government's effort to control illegal immigration.

The student must complete the top portion within three days of date of hire at Millersville University. The Payroll Staff should complete the bottom portion of the I-9 after verifying 2 original forms of identification presented by the student. You can present any of the documents listed on the I-9 in order to establish both your identity and your right to work in the United States.

The most commonly used documents are:

Although you don't need your social security card for the I-9 eligibility, you must provide your original Social Security card to the Payroll staff to be eligible to be paid and entered into the SAP payroll system.

Instructions for completing this information are contained on the form.