Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is to offer exemplary educational experiences that support the liberal arts character of the University and its community and which will cultivate reflective life-long learners engaged with their diverse communities as productive citizens.
- To provide intellectually enriched programs in the humanities, visual and performing arts, social sciences and selected professional and pre-professional areas that provide students with a strong foundation for their future.
- To provide curricular and co-curricular experiences that foster an appreciation for diverse perspectives and cultures.
- To promote student and faculty scholarship and creative activities.
- To develop creative interdisciplinary perspectives and connections through academic programs, guest artists/scholars in residence and other activities.
- To offer cultural, intellectual and entrepreneurial resources for our region.