MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Program Review Process
Section 1. Programs must address the questions in Focus Areas A, B, and C.
A. Required Focus Area: Curriculum.
1. What changes are needed so your curriculum is current? Address the following:
i. What new programs or options be considered?
ii. How is your program changing to address market demands? You may want to consider the labor market research such as high demand occupations.
b. What are the top three trends in your field or related fields and how do they related to existing program curriculum and experiences?
2. What changes need to be made to your curriculum or learning experiences based upon your student learning outcomes assessment? Address the following:
a. What learning outcomes are being promoted by your professional association or accrediting agency?
b. How do your learning outcomes align with your program’s courses (curricular mapping) and at what level of instruction?
c. How are students doing on the learning outcomes as they graduate? After they leave?
3. How does your program support the needs of the general education curriculum?
4. What interdisciplinary opportunities exist?
B. Required Focus Area: Student Success.
1. What improvements need to be made to enhance student enrollment trends, as well as retention and graduation rates of all students and underrepresented students? How can your program help to close the achievement gap for underrepresented students?
2. What can be done to improve student success in your program’s courses with the highest “D” grades, fail rates and withdraws rates?
3. What is your program doing to promote transformative actions to enhance student success?
4. What impacts exist that enhance student learning?
C. Required Focus Area: Integrated Planning.
1. What did you accomplish from your last program review’s action plan and what challenges did you experience?
2. How does your program’s mission align with the University’s Strategic Directions, the Division’s goals, and your School’s goals?
Section 2. Programs must choose at least two of the three selected areas below to address.
D. Selected Focus Area: Faculty Accomplishments.
1. What are the strengths and challenges you identify when exploring the accomplishments of your faculty’s scholarship contributions?
2. How has your department contributed with regards to service to the University or the community? What opportunities for partnership or collaboration exist?
E. Selected Focus Area: Pedagogy.
1. What pedagogical improvements are needed to help meet student learning needs?
2. How is technology used to improve student learning?
3. How can your program be delivered to increase access to students?
F. Selected Focus Area: Other.
1. Please list one or two additional questions you would like to address.
The program review format is available in Attachment 7.
A unit’s self-study, strategic plan and action plan are also important components for reports submitted to the Middle States Association and other professional accreditation groups (Attachment 6). In addition to the final approval of the program reviews by the Dean/Vice President, Provost and President, the Board of Governors requires a three-page summary of each program review to be completed (Attachment 8 and Attachment 9). All non-administrative program reviews must complete the State System Summary Form (use the MSWord version until the on-line form is available at the PASSHE web site – Attachment 9).