Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Program Review Types
There are four categories of Academic Affairs Units that are required to do program reviews:
- Academic departments will use the academic program review model based on outcomes assessment and integrated with 5-year departmental strategic plans or action plans.
- Inter-disciplinary programs, e.g., Women’s Studies; Honors; Latino Studies; African-American Studies, etc., will use the academic program model described in item 1 above.
- Units that directly support the academic and instructional programs of the University, e.g., Academic Advisement, Act 101/Pace, Admissions, Library, Migrant Education, Office of the Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and others will use the academic- and student-support units Model for Program Review.
- Other administrative units, such as Police, Alumni Programs, Facilities Management and others will use the academic- and student-support units’ model, but not be submitted to the System Office and, consequently, not make use of the on-line summary.
The Assistant Vice President for Institutional Assessment and Planning will collaborate with the unit’s Dean/Vice President to coordinate a pre-planning meeting that serves to review the program review process with the department chair/unit manager and invited faculty or staff. The Institutional Research Office will provide University-wide data for academic program reviews, but each unit will have to provide customized data (Attachment 3).