Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Lakota Immersion Program
Want the Experience of a Lifetime?
Study and Travel in South Dakota's Great Plains
Millersville University offers two courses for graduate and undergraduate students interested in studying and doing volunteer work with Native Americans on the Cheyenne River Lakota (Sioux) Reservation in Eagle Butte, South Dakota. Space is limited! Early Registration is recommended!
- Educational Experience for both MU students and Cheyenne River community members. MU students are provided with both formal and informal learning opportunities over the span of the trip that can broaden perspectives and challenge current perceptions. During the exchange experience, MU students and the reservation community can share and receive contributions from each other that lead to mutual growth!
- Volunteer Opportunities throughout the community. MU students are given the chance to serve with Native Americans through sports camps or other services. These services provide crucial support to the reservation community while MU students can learn from the community as they assist with life-changing actions within it.
This website is maintained by Program Coordinator, Carolyn Cook-Rittenhouse and is devoted to providing you with information concerning the Lakota Immersion Program since May 1999 to the present that will help you contemplate its mission.
The navigation to the left will lead to information concerning the Lakota People, course credits, service opportunities during the program, a Frequently Asked Questions page, fundraising events, a photo archive, a sample itinerary, important links to other related websites, and a page with contact information. Feel free to explore the site for the information contained in it. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to contact the facilitators with questions you may have about this unique experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
"I thought the trip and the experience was unbelievable. Thank you for giving me the best experience that will last a lifetime. Thank you!"
-- Anonymous Program Participant
Join Lakotas Program
We want to hear from you!
We want to hear from you? Have a great website to share? Want to start the application process? This is your page! Click on the Feather Icon below that will allow you to download the program's application or you can click on the Mail Icon below to email Carolyn Rittenhouse (Program Coordinator). Print the application and mail it or cut and paste into an email. Keep in touch!
Please click on the link below to view the application. From that point, you can:
- Print it and then mail it.
- Cut and Paste and then email it.
Department of Foreign Languages
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302