Graduate programs in Latina/o Studies are few. Most graduate students specialize in either a substantive area like Spanish, Anthropology, or Sociology. Then, they concentrate on Latina/o issues or Latin America. To improve your chances of being accepted to a graduate program, you should have research experience. The Latina/o Studies Minor at Millersville University gives you that experience through the senior seminar. Our research based seminar requires you to conduct original research on Latina/o issues. You will also be encouraged to submit your work to a professional conference. Both experiences enhance your undergraduate academic experience and make you a very attractive candidate for graduate school.
For more information on research and graduate programs related to Latina/o Studies, please follow these links:
- Fordham University's new MA program in Latin American and Latino Studies
- Notre Dame’s list of relevant links to Latino issues
- Mexico-North Research Consortium
- Graduate programs and Latino immigration related organizations
- Latin American Studies centers with a list of degrees offered
How to apply to graduate school:
Although specific to UCLA, this page provides useful information on applying to graduate school.