Mentoring Books Now Available to Borrow at the MMAP Office...
The Millersville Mentoring Alliance Program has compiled a library of books on mentoring that are now available for anyone to borrow at no charge. Just click any title below to be directed to more information about the book. To borrow a book, simply contact us or stop by Lyle Hall, Room 341 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Also contact us if you would like to recommend a book for the library.
- The Art of Mentoring: Lead, Follow and Get Out of the Way By Shirley Peddy, Ph.D.
- Because You Believed in Me: Mentors and Proteges Who Shaped Our World By Marcia A. McMullen and Patricia M. Miller
- The Elements of Mentoring By W. Brad Johnson and Charles R. Ridley
- The Heart of Mentoring: Ten Proven Principles for Developing People to Their Fullest Potential By David A. Stoddard
- Making the Most of Being Mentored: How to Grow from a Mentoring Partnership By Gordon F. Shea
- The Mentee's Guide to Mentoring By Norman H. Cohen
- The Mentor's Guide: Facilitating Effective Larning Relationships By Lois J. Zachary
- The New Mentors & Proteges: How to Succeed with the New Mentoring Partnerships By Linda Phillips-Jones, Ph.D.
- The Person Who Changed My Life: Prominent People Recall Their Mentors Edited by Matilda Raffa Cuomo
- Power Mentoring: How Successful Mentors and Proteges Get the Most Out of Their Relationships By Ellen Ensher and Susan Murphy
- Stand by Me: The Risks and Rewards of Mentoring Today's Youth By Jean E. Rhodes
ALSO... upon request and at no charge, the MMAP will provide the following workbooks to any MMAP mentor and/or mentee to aid the effective building, development, and maintenance of their mentoring relationship. Published in workbook form, these guides are ideal for mentors and mentees to use together. They include sample activities, discussion planning sheets, checklists for preparation and self- assessment and much more. Appropriate for all new mentors and mentees, as well as those with some experience...
- The Mentee's Guide: How to Have a Successful Relationship with a Mentor By Linda Phillips-Jones, Ph.D.
- The Mentor's Guide: How to Be the Kind of Mentor You Once Had - Or Wish You'd Had By Linda Phillips-Jones, Ph.D.