Innovative Curriculum. Creative Environment. Caring Community.
Greetings to all of our MU music alumni! We want to hear from you and remain in touch. Take time to contact our department secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are delighted that you will be able to share with us stories about your professional successes as well as keep you informed about the music department. Please take some time to review our Fall 2014 Music Newsletter.
Music Business Technology, vocal concentration
- Being a Social Media Entrepreneur has paid off for Brittany! In 2012 Brittany had an internship with Cyber PR, in New York City, where she worked as a social media manager, campaigns director, and branding manager. In 2013, after graduation, Brittany was hired for a Marketing and Fundraising position with the Florida Grand Opera in Miami, Florida!
- "During my time at Millersville, the movie "The Social Network" came out, and one quote has really stuck with me: 'Everyone at Harvard is inventing something. Harvard graduates belive that inventing a job is better than finding a job.' I urge all new students to utilize the state-of-the-art spaces and faculty members at Millersville University, and don't just seize the opportunity. Create your own."
Music Business Technology, percussion concentration
- Brad is currently working at Warner Music Group as a Marketing Solutions Coordinator in NYC!
- During Brad's time at MU, he was involved in Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, and Percussion Ensemble. Brad also held a Research and Analysis internship with Warner Music Group and a Music Internship with the Ware Center - Millersville Lancaster.
Music Education, trumpet concentration
- John recently landed a coveted Graduate Assistantship with The Pennsylvania State University School of Music, where he will study under Dr. Langston Fitzgerald while completed a Master's Degree in Trumpet Performance.
- During John's time at MU, he was a founding member of the brass quintet "New Age Brass", where he displayed entrepreneurial skills in marketing the group, traveling to perform at The Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia and also 2 different times to The Banff Centre, a world-renowned arts institution in Canada.
Music Business and Technology, percussion concentration
- In February 2010 Chris became the newest member to the BMI Classical Team where he works with classical composers and publishers.
- During Chris' time at MU he held internships with Carl Fischer Music Publishing and Gretna Music and performed with the Wind Ensemble and Concert Band.
Music Business Technology, bass concentration
- Member of The Wonder Years