Parent & Family Orientation
Family members of incoming Millersville University students are invited to attend a one-day Parent & Family Orientation Program. The goal of family orientation is to provide you with tools that will prepare you to support your student as well as introduce you to the Millersville campus, its programs and services. This will be accomplished through a variety of interactive presentations and open discussions.
Summer 2015 Parent & Family Orientation programs will be held:
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED- Thursday, June 18, 2015- Parents and family members of NCAA Student Athletes and members of the Marching Band
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED- Friday, June 26, 2015- Parents and family members of Transfer Students
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED- Saturday, June 27, 2015
Friday, July 10, 2015
Saturday, July 11, 2015- Sessions will be offered in both English and Spanish
Monday, August 3, 2015- Parents and family members of Transfer Students
Registration for Parent & Family Orientation is $20 per family member. The registration fee covers the cost of program materials, a continental breakfast, and lunch. The Parent & Family Orientation Fee is nonrefundable.
Registration for each Parent & Family Orientation session will close one week prior to the Orientation date or when that date reaches capacity. Due to space limitations we encourage you to register early.The focus of the Parent & Family Orientation program is on the parents and families of our incoming students. Incoming students should NOT plan on attending the Parent & Family Orientation sessions as they will attend their own orientation over the summer or in the fall. For more information on our student orientation programs visit http://www.millersville.edu/admissions/undergrad/newlyadmitted/orientation/index.php.
Younger siblings will be invited to campus in the fall during our Parent & Family Weekend programming. We ask that only adult family members attend the Parent & Family Orientation program.
Complete the two steps listed below to register for Parent & Family Orientation:
1. Complete the online registration form HERE.
2. Complete payment using one of the payment methods listed below:
CHECK: Made payable to Student Services, Inc. To mail your check, please print your completed registration form and mail along with check payment to:
Student Services, Inc.
ATTN: Lydia Yeager
21 South George Street
Millersville, PA 17551
1. Pay online -- cut/paste this URL: https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=b5441080e617a3f9db2e73de2642e830
2. By Phone -- Call 717-871-5522
*Please note credit card payments will be charged by Student Services; the online payment provider for Parent & Family Orientation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is registration required?
- Families must register ahead of time and due to space limitations, planning, materials, etc. and we are unable to accommodate walk-ins. Registration for each Parent & Family Orientation session will close one week prior to the Orientation date or when that date reaches capacity.
Can I change my registration?
- Yes, if space is available in another date we can accomodate your request. Please call the Office of Transition Programs at (717) 871-5553 or email email@example.com to modify your registration.
What time and where is check-in?
- Check-in is from 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. in the Student Memorial Center (#82 on campus map) Atrium. The last session ends at 3:15 p.m.
Where should I park?
- Parking is available in the McComsey Parking Lot off of James Street directly across from Hull Hall (#76 on campus map). Parking Permits are not required for Parent & Family Orientation.
Should I attend?
- Attendance is not required, but is highly encouraged for parents and families of incoming Millersville University students. Parent & Family Orientation is designed specifically to meet the needs of our parent population and provides detailed information about Millersville University. We often get asked "Should I attend if we have previously visited Millersville through an Admissions program?" The feedback we have received from parents is "Yes!".
Should my student attend?
- Students will attend their own Orientation program over the summer or in the fall directly before the start of classes. The focus of Parent & Family Orientation is not for students and they should not plan on attending. Please note several summer orientation programs for students (Pilot Program and Transfer Program) intentionally conincide with Parent & Family Orientation dates.
Is there programming for siblings?
- There is no programming for siblings during Parent & Family Orientation. Siblings will be invited to campus in the fall during our Parent & Family Weekend. We ask that only adult family members attend this Orientation program.
We are pleased to announce Memory of Water by Emmi Itaranta as the One Book, One Campus selection for the 2015-2016 academic year. The goal of the One Book program is to stimulate discussion and critical thinking around a common book's theme, enhancing a sense of community among students, faculty, and staff as we engage with each other's diverse perspectives. Students are asked to read Memory of Water before arriving on campus for Orientation. Copies of the book are available for purchase at the University Store.
For additional information regarding One Book, One Campus, visit the One Book, One Campus blog.