President’s Advisory Leadership Council
The President's Advisory Leadership Council (PALC) is an advisory body established to enhance institutional effectiveness. The Council consists of key administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders who identify key issues that impact higher education and the University. The PALC fosters University-wide shared governance through a collegial environment of collaborative discussion.
The PALC meets monthly during each semester. The council’s primary objectives are to:
- Foster better communication, collaboration, and creative thinking on major issues impacting higher education and the University; and
- Facilitate deliberation regarding administrative policies and procedures.
The PALC membership includes:
- President’s Cabinet
- Deans’ Council
- Assistant and associate vice presidents
- Faculty Senate chairperson or designee
- Student Senate president
- AFSCME-MU president or designee
- APSCUF-MU president or designee
- SCUPA-MU president or designee; and
- Eight faculty representatives, two each from the three schools, and two non-school faculty