- A new writing studies minor and option are now available at Millersville. The new courses in the English department offer specialization in writing and skills that improve students’ opportunities in the workforce.
- Millersville University social work professors Karen Rice and Heather Girvin received a $40,000 National Court Appointed Special Advocates Association New Program Development Grant.
- The foreign languages program was awarded full recognition by its professional association, the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Special performances were held on campus and in the community by Dr. Eddie Henderson, The American Repertory Ballet, Awadagin Pratt, as well as Fulton Theatre’s "The Spitfire Grill."
- An English faculty member, Dr. Timothy R. Mayers, won the 2008 Paradigm Novel Contest for The Intelligence Manifesto.
- Dr. Bill Dorman, communication and theatre, was elected national president of the National Broadcasting Society for the 2008-09 school year.
- Millersville University accepted the invitation to join the Consortium of the McNeil Center for Early American Studies. Millersville is the only Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and area school to partner with the center, which offers dissertation and post-doctoral fellowships to scholars from around the world, including Millersville faculty.
- Regional schools took top honors in the spring 2009 Stock Market Game of Pennsylvania, coordinated regionally by Millersville University’s Center for Economic Education under the leadership of Dr. Mike Gumpper.
Back to the President's Report 2009