- The research phase of the Rediscover Millersville: The 2010 Self-Study process resulted in 14 reports on standards submitted to the coordinating team in anticipation of the 2010 Middle States’ reaccreditation visit.
- Millersville students provided more than 128,000 hours of service-learning, and nearly 400 students registered for internships.
- As part of the new student orientation program, which now features a summer reading program for entering freshmen, Ishmael Beah, author of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier shared his life experience in a moving interaction with students and faculty last fall.
- The University joined Vision 2020, a joint partnership that includes the Millersville Business Association, Penn Manor School District, and Millersville Borough, to assist the community in planning for the future.
- The President’s Commission on the Status of Women and the Commission on Cultural Diversity celebrated their 20th anniversary.
- Millersville University entered into a student exchange agreement with the Public University of Navarra, Spain, bringing to 16 the number of international partners in global education.
Back to the President's Report 2009