Commencement Starts 11:30 Saturday
Due to rain in the forecast Saturday morning, the start time of the undergraduate ceremony has been delayed until 11:30 a.m. There will still be one ceremony outside in Biemesderfer Stadium. Gates open at 10 a.m.
Creating Academic Programs of National Distinction
- Two meteorology students were awarded prestigious scholarships by the American Meteorological Society.
- Millersville’s student chapter of Psi Chi, psychology’s International Honor Society, was designated a model chapter for the third consecutive year.
- At the 68th annual convention in Dallas, Millersville’s chapter of the National Broadcasting Society was awarded National Chapter of the Year for their efforts in the areas of community service, production and chapter activities. This is the second year in a row they were named top chapter in the nation. Five Millersville students were finalists in several production categories, with four winners.
- The American Chemical Society student affiliate won an honorable mention chapter award at the 239th ACS national meeting in San Francisco in March 2010.
- A junior art major was selected as the runner-up in the national Society of Design Poster Competition.
- A Millersville student was awarded the Wall Street Journal Prize for Best Paper in Economics.