- Industry and technology students won nine awards at the Technology Education Collegiate Associate Regional Conference.
- A meteorology student prevailed over a field of more than 1,000 other students from across the U.S. to win the WxChallenge National Collegiate Forecasting Tournament.
- Millersville’s chapter of Students in Free Enterprise placed as First Runner Up in a regional competition.
- Six computer science students on Millersville’s Cyber Security Defense team placed third in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- A mathematics undergrad was a 2010 Mathematical Association of America poster session prize winner at the Joint Mathematics meeting in San Francisco in January 2010.
- Twenty-six industry and technology students were initiated into the professional honorary society, Epsilon Pi Tau.
- Industry and technology students earned the following grants this past year:
- $200 student research grant for the 2010 NAIT Robotics Team Robot.
- $300 student research grant for the development of a “Home Made Fire Fighting Robot.”
- Two students received grants from the Student Research Committee for research entitled “Internal Combustion Engine Efficiency with Alternative Fuel” and “MU Mobile Robotics Research Team – Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering Robotics Competition.”
Faculty and Staff Success
Back to the President's Report