MU will close at 4 p.m.
Due to the predicted winter weather, Millersville University will close at 4 p.m. today, Tuesday, March 3, 2015. All night classes are cancelled on campus and at The Ware Center.
Providing Responsible Stewardship
- Millersville University’s Police Department received a $3,000 grant from the Lancaster Bike Club to purchase two new patrol bikes to better support the University’s safety efforts.
- Millersville University’s Police Department was commended for its outstanding service to the Pa. Victims Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP). The department received recognition for their efforts in expediting information to the VCAP on behalf of victims and their families.
- Millersville received a $10,820 grant from the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board to assist Millersville’s current efforts in tackling underage and high-risk drinking, which includes an online confidential alcohol self-assessment called e-CHUG, and e-TOKE, a marijuana screening tool.
- Under the 2009 Department of Homeland Security Grant Program and the Philadelphia Urban Area Security Initiative, Millersville University’s Police Department received a $19,519 grant to be used for equipment and training on the equipment.
- The Department of Industry & Technology was awarded a $10,000 Workforce Leadership for the Pa. Department of Community and Economic Development grant. Funds were used to support a summer technology camp experience in collaboration with the Benjamin Wiley Partnership Program for promising, but economically disadvantaged, urban high school juniors.