School Psychology - Masters plus Certification
- 18 undergraduate semester hours in psychology
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Minimum GRE scores of 150 on verbal and quantitative components, and a 29 minimum score on analytical writing
- 3 letters of recommendation
- An autobiographical sketch indicating the student’s academic and professional goals
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Personal interview
- The personal interview process will include an individual interview, a group interview, and a writing exercise, which you will complete at the interview appointment.
Students seeking admission to the certification in school psychology program having completed graduate course work or received a master’s degree from another institution, and students interested in certification in the supervision of school psychological services, may obtain details regarding admission procedures by contacting the graduate coordinator of school psychology, Dr. Amelia Lopez at (717) 871-7275 or Amelia.Lopez@millersville.edu.
School Psychology has application deadlines as follows:
- January 15 for admission beginning summer/fall.
- June 1 for admission beginning fall (on a space-available basis) for those who have missed the January 15 deadline.
- October 1 for admission beginning winter/spring.
To earn a degree and certificate in School Psychology, students must:
- Complete 64 semester hours of coursework, including 1200 hour internship
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Pass core competency exam (CCE)
- Receive satisfactory evaluation from the psychology department graduate committee
- Pass various Praxis exams to earn Commonwealth Certification, including School Psychology specialty exam